• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A new cpu cooler or a water cooling system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewcrew73

So I was just lookin around at how to upgrade my system, I was debating between a new HSF or just saving my money up for a water cooling system. What do you guys think?

Yup, It really depends on how much you're going to overclock and experience. Keep in mind that a bad or even okay watercooling system may be slightly worse than a good air cooling one.

I haven't overclocked my system at all yet it stays really cool at around 22-27C whenever i'm doing anything so I think i'm getting a ton of good airflow I just want to see what I can do with it ya know.

I'm preparing to take the plunge into wc for the first time myself. If you are going to wc, read. alot. Also be prepared to pay $300+ for a good single loop. Since you have good airflow, you could do some good overclocking with a quality push-pull setup. I recommend the TRUE and the Noctua NH-U12P. If you get the TRUE, replace the stock single fan with 2 of your choice. Yate Loons, Scythe S-Flex's, and Noctuas are all good choices

Agreed, watercooling is harder than air cooling, and a lot more money. It's a lot more fun and rewarding tho. Lots n lots to learn, it just isn't a Best Buy type of thing, buy it, plug it in and go.

Back