• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ACF 7 Pro worth upgrading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeepRubicon2k3

Registered
I'm running my Q9300 @ 3.0 now with 1.23vcore and getting 38,39,41,41 idle. Loaded I get in the mid 50s. Would it be worth my while to upgrade to a True120 or something else? I wanta oc some more to around 3.5ghz.

I like quite :p, my ACF7 runs around 900rpms idle, I like the Coolit Domino all-in-1 liquid cooling kit but has anyone used it?

I'd OC it to 3.5, see what Vcore it takes and how hot it gets under load before making any decisions. An upgrade may be in order, but better to find out first, no?

Big negative to the Coolit. While it's ok for a kit, it won't do any better and potentially worse than a properly installed (potentially lapped w/ washer mod) TRUE.

The TRUE 120 is a huge upgrade over the Arctic Freezer 7

I actually just recently switched from ACF7 to a TRUE for my own Q6600
had it running at 3Ghz with ACF7 and running at 3.4 right now with the TRUE

Moving to the TRUE took more than 20C off my load temps and now I idle at less than I did before with a higher overclock. Idle temps before were like yours, idles temps now are 35,35,31,37, load temps 59-60, way better than the ACF's load temps which were in the high 70s-80s.

edit: my TRUE is not lapped

Definitely overclock farther before you decide to shell out for the TRUE. Mid 50's is no problem for load temps, and you might not even see a whole lot more heat. IIRC, my Q9400 went from stock loads of high 40's to 3.7ghz in the mid to upper 50's. If your load temps stay decent, I wouldn't upgrade based on idle temps.

Alright, I'll work on 3.5ghz soon. Thanks for the replys. I figure if I'm gonna go liquid I should just build one, its not hard if your an auto mech.

Back