• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installed my XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm today.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brutal-Force

Installed my XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm today.

I am pleasantly impressed.

Did not use bolt through kit yet, but I run Prime small ffts, with no errors at 65 Celcius. Ambient temps are 30 Celcius. I guess my errors were due to temp and not to voltages.

Idles at Ambient Room Temp +/- 1 degree.

I guess I can change my sig now to stable @3.6.

Research pays off, I may consider bolt through at a later date.

p.s. I did use AS5 so I guess when it cures I may see improvments. Took about 10 min. to install, not horrible, but could be better.

p.s.s. My rig runs inside my desk. Would prolly see a 5 C temp difference when sitting in the open, and even better in winter.

I had my sink off yesterday to find my manufacture date and in the mean time, I actually took the time to SLOWLY lap my sunbeam and believe it or not, I hardly too anything off ( it was noticeably smoother though) and I dropped load temps 2*. :D

I had my sink off yesterday to find my manufacture date and in the mean time, I actually took the time to SLOWLY lap my sunbeam and believe it or not, I hardly too anything off ( it was noticeably smoother though) and I dropped load temps 2*. :D

Well although I did a quick install, I will see what the AS5 does in two weeks. Otherwise I may try the bolt on approach. You were right though this HSF dropped my temps 15-20 degrees. I was also able to return my Ultra X wind (was the last day) but only for store credit. So I actually spent 5 dollars less and have yet to send in my rebate of 5 dollars AND I got a free 15 ft. Usb extension.

I am soooooo happy with my temps, came home to see my idle temps at 28 degrees, the same as room temperature.

I ran a blend test and didn't hit 50... different in the day time though, for obvious reasons.

But I am really impressed. I wonder if it would be better with another 120 mm fan :p . Just kidding, enough is enough..... although I do have that 37 dollar store credit at Compusa :)

Back