• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TRUE or Tuniq bolt through

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

Just saw the TRUE now has a AM2 Bolt through kit.

$70 seems like a bit of coin to drop on an air cooler, so this poses my dilemna.

I am currently runnint 3640 on my 920 at 1.425 BIOS vcore (about 1.44 actual) to get any higher I need to up the vcore to 1.45 (1.468 actual).

With linpack I am pushing towards 60C load temps (in RW usage, 47-52C loaded).

In a effort to eek a little more out of this setup, I am looking at upgrading my cooling.

Last reviews I saw showed the Tuniq hanging pretty close with the Ultra, so I am not sure that it is entirely woth a $70 upgrade.

I am thinking about doing some meaurements to see if I can safely drill some holes in the Tuniq HPlate, and use the stock AM2 backplate, to develop a bolt through kit for it, hopefully this will increase the pressure enough to drop the temps a few degrees.

Assuming this does not work, in your opinion is it worth it to get the new TRUE with AM2 boltthrough kit, or should I save up instead for a straight up WCing setup?

Fan for the TRUE would be either a single panaflo 38mm or dual HS yateloons.

Back