• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bat Outta Hell Week

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adak

BatOuttaHell.jpg

A fun one week boost for our Rosie team of folders, who helped us in the CC.

OK, well there might be a little ROADKILL along the way! We're taking no prisoners, here!

Starts Sunday the 17th - or upon conclusion of the Chimp Challenge.

Ends the following Sunday.

If:

12345* You are signed up for Ozzlo's contest(s), please ignore this invitation.

12345* You are involved in the tribute to Pete, please join Rosie, with your cpu only (can't use gpu on Rosie yet), or
123456 we'll catch you next time.

Info: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=6100144#post6100144

Last edited:
I would normally be right on top of something like this, but I have already promised all of my folding power to the remembrance of Pete. Although, I guess I could do one week on the GPU, while running my CPU for the Rosie team, and then catch up on the week that my quad isn't folding for Pete's memory after Bat outta hell week is over.

Assuming it lasts for a week or so I can spare my CPU's for a well earned payback.:beer:

With the Caveat that I can get it working...lol

My PS3 will be on Pete from now on...and now that so many others have sworn to keep Pete's light from going gray its not a maximum priority...just for the one day when we all fold for him.

So my GPU's can do that and I will have a Q6600 and a E6600 on Rosetta

Reading the "how to" now...hope they wrote it slow so it doesn't take me all night to read.:)

EDIT: Oh and since I am not using the Win 7 CPU how is it running on Win 7?
I can start that up tonight.

Last edited:
I don't know yet Dave. I'm all in for the close of the CC race.

I would be shocked if Win7 was as fast as XP, on any 32 bit program. I'll be able to tell you before long, though. :)

dfonda, For your Win7 if you have a Linux Ubuntu 8.04 VM ,, you could run Rosetta in that.

Thats what I,m planning on doing, and the GPU,s going to pete_scout

Just a thought.

Yeah, I'll be throwing a CPU or two into Rosetta starting tomorrow (We'll have hit 20mill by then, right?) but my GPU is going to pscout's memorial, since Rosie can't use it.

Gonna be a good week of folding!

Yeah, I'll be throwing a CPU or two into Rosetta starting tomorrow (We'll have hit 20mill by then, right?) but my GPU is going to pscout's memorial, since Rosie can't use it.

Gonna be a good week of folding!

+1 starting today (I didnt know CC finished, crazy week)

Be sure and see us in the "Other DC Projects" Bat thread!

And Welcome ZL1, dfonda, & masakabassist!

Back