• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I take my CPU any further???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmdixon85

I have a E4600 CPU and have managed to get a stable O/C of 3.52Ghz with a Vcore of 1.47. I am using a cheap after market cooler (in my sig) and my temps are what limit me now (75c under load, High i know). I was just wanting to know if anyone has got a better E4600 O/C with a better cooler? Or just your opinions on my O/C. I have managed to get to 3.6Ghz @ 1.5 Vcore but temps are too high.

3.5 ghz out of a E4600 is quite good ( its a 50% OC ... ! )

For your temp. Maybe lowering the OC to 3.3-3.4 ghz will need lower Vcore, sometime Significant amount of Vcore is needed to run 3.5 and only going to 3.4 can take .1 less vcore ... this mean LESSSS heat !

Well your definalty right, I had to increase the vcore more than usual to get from 3.4 to my current overclock. My current temps don't really bother me much, i mean the system is getting on now and if the chip blew I would just replace it. I was just wondering if there was any more performance to be gotten out of this chip with better cooling? I was going to get a 45nm quad but I'm now wanting to save up for a i7 so any extra performance I can get out of my current chip would be a bonus.

Well if you dont care about this chip, and wyou are willing to swap it if it blows ... Push it to the limit ! ;)

yeh this may in the UK`s been a great time for OC`ing... thinking of putting my rads outside...go rain cooled #Laughs#

Well i don't want to commit CPU suicide so since I'm at 75c I think I will leave it at that. Just need a decent cooler that fits lga 775 & 1366 then i might try for a better O/C

Back