• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icebob

Ok my main rig is up and running really good (except the frikkin RocketRaid controller) the XBOX 360 is now in a Lian Li case and is watercooled and run like a champ. Those 2 project left me with a lot of spare parts. Here's what I have: Antec 900, MSI K9A2 plat, phenom II 940BE, 4g of G-Skill DDR2 1066 ram, OCZ 600w power supply, 1 XSPC RX360 rad, 1 MCR 320 rad, 1 MCP220 QP Res rad, 5 Yate Loons 120mm High fans, 2 Vertex 30g SSD, 2 WD 320 Hdd, 2 Viziontek 4870 512m and 3 3870 512m Oh and 1 swiftech 4870 waterblock and a couple DuOrb for the 4870, 1XSPC top for a 350/355 pump and a XSPC top/res. Should I watercool the rig ( will need a cpu waterblock and another waterblock for the 4870, or just stay on air and buy a TRUE? The rig will be my secondary (in the bedroom) mostly use to watch movie and some gaming. What would you do?

well because you have most of the parts i would do it, but then again if it's only a movie box then might not be worth the upkeep, not that it's a lot.

my vote goes to doing it.

well because you have most of the parts i would do it, but then again if it's only a movie box then might not be worth the upkeep, not that it's a lot.

my vote goes to doing it.

Would like to try something different, what would be a good alternative to the GTZ waterblock?

Would like to try something different, what would be a good alternative to the GTZ waterblock?

+1 for th HK 3.0, if you're just itching to buy something new that works better than the GTZ. I've got all the parts for a water cooled 920 rig, and a HTPC is exactly what I'd like to do with it. TBH though, I didn't think of putting it in the bedroom and using it for gaming too. :D

ya heat killer, or dtek fuzion v2. though i would go heat killer for all the sexy copper :)

i would probably switch the gtz you have now and put the heat killer in that rig.

Back