• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LanParty NFII B RAM voltages 2.8 and 2.9 showing as 2.7 in BIOS monitor - argghh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anthonys321

Hi Everyone - I have a DFI LanParty NF II Rev B that has had a VDIMM problem since day one. Setting 2.6V VDIMM shows correctly in the BIOS monitor as 2.6V, 2.7 also shows correctly in the monitor, as does 3.0V and higher.

However, both 2.8V and 2.9V register as 2.7V! Effectively, I can't set the VDIMM to either one of these values. I picked up a set of Mushkin XP4000 Redline recently when Newegg was closing it out and these work at 2.9V or less. I really don't want to run them at 3.0V. I was running OCZ Gold BH-5 for the longest time and those ran at 3V, so I never worried about this problem until now.

I've never seen any MB act this way - could this be actually attributed to a BIOS error? Is this a known issue? Unfortunately, I'm not sitting in front of the system, but it has an official DFI BIOS dated back to 12/2004 I think.

Back