• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC for a good price.. But Is It AnyGood?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMarMan

Registered
Hello everyone... I'm am going to buy a new watercooling Set.
These set's are the one's i a mgoing to choese from:

Black ICE 2-radiator
Dangerden MAZE2 WaterBlock
Eheim 1048 WaterPump

Everything costs about $220 +Shipping (from sweden)
Tubing and diverse... That i am going to buy ina locla retailer...

This is the second VC Set:
Custom Kit:
MAZE2,
GeForce Vid Waterblock,
3/8 Fittings,
Super Cube,
Eheim 1048,
4oz Water Wetter,
And those things go for about $227 with shipping... and that is a good price i think?!
But i'm going to order from www.dangerden.com so thats not in sweden so.....
But one thing i don't like with the second Set.. is the SuperCube...
I know that its is not as good as the BI2 (at least i think???!!!)...
But how much better is the BI2??? Is it Much M Better? or?
Thanx for the answers

Ok...

ok.. thanx man.. but i don't think i can order that BadBoy...
But regarding the SuperCube... is The BI2 Much better or should i try the SuperCube.. Becouse if i buy the supercube.. i get the things much cheaper and from the saame place..!
And one thing... do i have to pay taxes and **** if i order from US???

Look in the Phone book for an auto junk yard near you and go get a heater core. Save your Kroner.

From what I've heard and read the BI2 will be MUCH better than the supercube. I don't know for sure cause I have not used either one, I'm going on what I've seen around here and the reviews.

Get a heater core, it's better and cheaper. They are not much to look at but for $20 USD is not bad. The maze2 is a good block. As for the pump I would suggest the Maxi-jet 1200 here:

http://www.petsmart.com/fish/shoppi..._acces_/powerheads/products/product_786.shtml

I am not sure if there will be tax. If you something from one state and you live in another, there is no tax. But out of country is a different story. The shipping is going to cost a lot, I can tell you that. So make sure you order from a good place.;)

hmmmm....

Hello again and thanx for the help i got from ya all guys...
Regarding the auto junk yard thing.. mt friend (who owns A BI2.....) said that the radiators from cars are to big, and that they do NOT fit for the use in a pc....?! is that right becouse i know that it will be much cheaper to buy it from a junk yard...
And again does anyone have a link to a review of the SuperCube?
Thanx guys!

Dangerden carries a heater core that already has the right hose fittings. I also hear it comes highly recomended.
It's one of their less expensive units, and it is bigger than a black ice 2, but may still fit in your case.

Last time I looked, it is on the same page as the cube and super-cube. You can check the measurements there.

If it is still too big, the Black Ice 2 is a fine radiator and will work very well for you unless you plan to use a large peltier cooler (TEC). Then I would strongly urge a heater core type.

Have fun.......

*edit* Dtek customs makes a good kit, but they seem to be slow making the waterblocks. E-mail them before you pay them.

Last edited:
f155mph said:
I am not sure if there will be tax. If you something from one state and you live in another, there is no tax. But out of country is a different story. The shipping is going to cost a lot, I can tell you that. So make sure you order from a good place.;)

You generally won't pay tax in the US, but you will pay tax in the country you're importing to, this could be pretty high (I'm not sure what sweden has for sales tax these days), plus there'll likely be some customs charges. If at all possible get things shipping from iwthin your country.

Back