• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good socket 775 & 1366 air cooler.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmdixon85

I'm just after your opinions for a good air cooler that fits both socket 775 and 1366. I'm wanting to save up for a i7 rig but also want a better cooler for my current setup. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the links. It doesn't matter if their in the UK or not. Just looking for opinions and I will track a UK seller down.

It's not cheap but (at least) it matching TRUE: Prolimatech Megahalems.
You don't need to lap it, you don't need washer mod, you don't need nothing. Just a fan at your choice. :)

Just read a review. Does seem like a very good cooler. With a RRP of $59 the £61.99 price on ebay seems a bit pricey. Then I would want a set of extra fan clips and two fans.

well I've read the review, looks good. Now I can't find a UK retailer with it in stock. The only ones I can find in stock have no 1366 i7 bracket!!

I've been totally overlooking the V8 as when it was released it did have a socket 1366 bracket. I thought it was only good for LGA775, now it comes with a 1366 bracket this is my first choice so far. Just reading a review now. Thanks for the suggestions :beer:

Make sure you get a set with 1366 mounting kit included. Mine came without it and I had to pay #§$%$ € 10,-- for the mounting kit, #§$%$ VAT and P&P. Make also sure it fits from the height: 180mm. A V8 might collide with a side door fan (not a problem for me :) ).

Make sure you get a set with 1366 mounting kit included. Mine came without it and I had to pay #§$%$ € 10,-- for the mounting kit, #§$%$ VAT and P&P. Make also sure it fits from the height: 180mm. A V8 might collide with a side door fan (not a problem for me :) ).

The only ones I can find in stock havn't got the 1366 mounting kit so I'm waiting for one to come into stock. I don't think I will have any space issues regarding the size of the cooler. Surely a Coolermaster HAF 932 should take any cooler with ease??

The only ones I can find in stock havn't got the 1366 mounting kit so I'm waiting for one to come into stock. I don't think I will have any space issues regarding the size of the cooler. Surely a Coolermaster HAF 932 should take any cooler with ease??

It seems we in Europe get all the old junk that nowhere else sells anymore. When I ordered mine in March I had read (Anandtech?) that it comes with the mounting kit for a 1366 but no - not here. And it seems UK isn't in a better situation.

This case seems to be a bit spacier than my favored RC-590. As long as you don't have a side door fan mounted things should be ok. But to make sure the cooler fits open the side door and take a measure.

It seems we in Europe get all the old junk that nowhere else sells anymore. When I ordered mine in March I had read (Anandtech?) that it comes with the mounting kit for a 1366 but no - not here. And it seems UK isn't in a better situation.

This case seems to be a bit spacier than my favored RC-590. As long as you don't have a side door fan mounted things should be ok. But to make sure the cooler fits open the side door and take a measure.

Well overclockers.co.uk is where I get most of my parts but even their out of stock. Do I have a side door mounted fan?? Well actually I have 4x 120mm. lol. I still have about 2 1/2" clearence from the door fans to the top of my current cooler so I'm confident that it will fit.

I'm pretty sure that the Scythe Mugen or the Dark Knight are the only two choices if you care about money in your pocket.

Reviews show that they perform similar to the TRUE at half the price.

I'm pretty sure that the Scythe Mugen or the Dark Knight are the only two choices if you care about money in your pocket.

Reviews show that they perform similar to the TRUE at half the price.

Thanks for the info. I will look into them two now. :beer:

Back