• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Metal Gear Solid 5?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maybe an S, as in Project S, as in Snatcher. See the April 2007? That's when it was announced. Either way, I guess we'll know for sure at E3.

I hated Raiden... he was a bit too girly of a character... Snake on the other hand was cool... iv yet to complete MGS 4... got the game, just dont have a PS3... -.-

I think they are releasing an "exclusive" MGS title for Xbox360.

Pretty much all exclusive games are more like "time" exclusive, unless they are published by Sony or Microsoft themselves. It cost too much money to pay the third party software developer not to release their game in a competitor's console. It used to be easier for Sony because PS2 have about 80 - 90 % of the market. Right now, both xbox and playstation are pretty even.

No, no 360.
Japanese magazine popped up recently and it says "PSP+PS3".
Also states that Kojima said the Snake looking fella isn't Snake or Big Boss either, but a new clone we haven't heard of yet.

Edit: If they bring it to 360, it won't be about Snake.

Last edited:
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6210623/metal-gear-solid-rising-on-360
Metal Gear Solid: Rising for the 360. Featuring Raiden.

Its multiplatform now...coming to the PS3 and Pc as well.

Microsoft has confirmed that the new Metal Gear Solid game is NOT exclusive to its console platform. An MS rep noted that the team did not say it was exclusive, only that the next Metal Gear will be heading to the Xbox 360.

However, he never said it was exclusive, and has since clarified that it is not in fact exclusive to Microsoft's box. In other words, it's coming to PlayStation 3 too...which is unsurprising given the console's existing fanbase. However, the announcement coupled with Konami's press release, which mentioned only the Xbox 360, suggest a timed exclusive at the very least on the platform.

Schappert clarified to G4, "You know, we didn't say that it was exclusive...We said that the next Metal Gear will be coming [to Xbox 360]."

So calm down Sony fans, you don't have to buy a whole new box to enjoy the next Kojima enigma. You might just have to wait a little longer though.

http://ps3.vggen.com/news/news.php?id=9871

No, no 360.
Japanese magazine popped up recently and it says "PSP+PS3".
Also states that Kojima said the Snake looking fella isn't Snake or Big Boss either, but a new clone we haven't heard of yet.

Edit: If they bring it to 360, it won't be about Snake.

It is Big Boss.

The Big Boss character was saw was Big Boss. This is the *real* new MGS game, known as Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker. It stars Big Boss in the 70's as he tries to form Outer Heaven.

As happy as I am about a new console MGS: Rising... I can't help but step back and go "what?" Lightning Bolt Action, instead of Tactical Espionage Action? This sadly isn't the true sequel, as Peacewalker is. I'm assuming its just a side story of Raiden.

It is Big Boss.

The Big Boss character was saw was Big Boss. This is the *real* new MGS game, known as Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker. It stars Big Boss in the 70's as he tries to form Outer Heaven.

As happy as I am about a new console MGS: Rising... I can't help but step back and go "what?" Lightning Bolt Action, instead of Tactical Espionage Action? This sadly isn't the true sequel, as Peacewalker is. I'm assuming its just a side story of Raiden.

Actually, I wasn't wrong. I said Snake wouldn't be on 360 and the new clones were shown in the trailer for the PSP game. So, not sure what you're getting at.

Edit: I guffawed hard. Hideo is not having anything to do with the development for Rising. Basically, I think his thought process is nothing but 'Lets make money off of the 360 users' with this game.

Last edited:
Back