• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ftp file upload permissions defualt to 600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
I have another post floating around here

the basic idea is i just got a ftp site up and working using ubuntu and vsftpd

when ever i drop a file on the site it transfers but it only comes over with 600 which is weird because i can edit the permissions from the ftp client

so obviously i have full permissions ( i can set it all the way up to 777) but i don't know why it defualts to 600

is there any setting that you may know in vsftpd that would explain this?

or is there a way to set up a folder that everything that gets dropped in to just have 777 no matter what the "incoming" permissions?

I have another post floating around here

the basic idea is i just got a ftp site up and working using ubuntu and vsftpd

when ever i drop a file on the site it transfers but it only comes over with 600 which is weird because i can edit the permissions from the ftp client

so obviously i have full permissions ( i can set it all the way up to 777) but i don't know why it defualts to 600

is there any setting that you may know in vsftpd that would explain this?

or is there a way to set up a folder that everything that gets dropped in to just have 777 no matter what the "incoming" permissions?

try nano /etc/vsftpd.conf

look for local_mask

set it to what you want, perhaps making RWXRWXR-- would be better? do you really want some anon person coming in with a brute force and deleting all your data?

try it the way you want though :) start off at 777 then see what happens when you change mod numbers. keep in mind, you have to restart vsftpd

so local_mask=0777 ?

the documentation says 077 im confused how to set it to full

(also for the record i disabled anon)

Back