• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hardcano 9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gibz117

i have a thermaltake xaser III with the hardcano 9. i replaced one of the stock orange thermaltake fans with an led fan. no problem. i have the led fan on the fan 2 connector, but when i turn up fan 2 or 4, the led fan speeds up, and only the led fan. when i turn up 1 or 3, no fans speed up.

48 views and no replies. somebody on here should have an answer or solution for me

Sounds like something goofy between the two fans, or maybe a bad connection.
First thing to try is to put the oem fan back on and see if it still behaves correctly.
Then put the LED fan on and take both oem fans off and see if it behaves correctly.

i changed the wires around the other day,and now i have the same problem, but with fan 1 & 2 but it affects the rear fan in my sig PSU. im so confused.

I don't think you're getting many replies because your problem is a wiring problem with your specific rig and based on what you're telling us the impossible is happening.

Assuming everything is wired properly, and depending on how the controller works itself, the controller must be at fault.

Assuming the fan controller is fine, the wiring must be wrong somehow.

The only reason that it may affect the other fans or controller is the fan may take a little more current. This should not affect the ability of your fan controller, however, unless you have overloaded the circuit on the fan controller and damaged the fan controller itself.

I would say the most likely problem is that you've connected things wrong and the fan controller is only connected properly to the new fan. Recheck all of your wiring to the fans and see if you can't find out the fans are connected directly to the power supply rather than through the fan controller.

Also, I seriously doubt the controller itself is at fault or is damaged, as it would likely not power the fans at all if that were the case.

You need to go back to basics. First, connect all your fans directly to the power supply. Make sure they all work as expected. Next, connect ONE fan to the fan controller in fan 1 slot. Test that it works correctly. Remove the fan, connect it to fan 2 slot and test. Repeat for each slot.

This should tell you if the fan controller is working as expected. Assuming it is, remove the fan, and connect each fan in turn to fan slot 1, and test that you can control the speed as expected.

This should tell you if the fans are working as expected.

Lastly, connect fans, one at a time. Test before you add each fan. If it stops working at some point, it seems likely you are overloading the fan controller (or one of the fans is faulty, but you should have ruled that out above).

Good luck.

thanks for the info. for some reason i didnt think of that. i shall try in the morning, and post my results.

Back