• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is MY e5200 Running Hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bob Santana

i just recieved my pc parts in the mail yesterday and got everything running good without a hitch (except the impossible to install cooler)

anyways when i was looking at my temps using speedfan (cant find temp monitor in BIOS) my cores where idleing at around 42-47 C.
i am not sure what the cpu itself was running at because of the weird names that speedfan gave my components but i believe it was called temp1 and ran at around 32-35 C idle.

after gaming for only 10 min my cores were around 52 C and my cpu was at 45 C

i am using the stock hsf with artic silver 5.

i dont know what the normal temps usually are but these seemed a little hot for idle (atleast with the cores).

It's warm on the upper end of your idle temps but certainly not horrible. Temp1 sounds like it's your Tcase temperature (that of the probe on the IHS). They're all well within specs. You just won't have a ton of OC headroom before getting an aftermarket HSF. Just to be sure, did you clean the stock thermal goop off before applying AS:5?

yea i cleaned all of the stock paste off.

i could just have a warmer chip but it might have something to do with the insane difficulty i had with putting on the hsf.
that thing bends my board it goes on so tight!

and thanks burebista for that link. that program is better.

PS: i only plan to do a minor OC with no voltage increase so i hope temps wont be a prob

EDIT: i just ran prime95 for about 10 min and sat at 67-68 C
also, according to real temp, im idling at 36-37 C

Last edited:
Back