• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need suggestion for new cpu on old DFI NF4 SLI-DR mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenshiro

My current specs are below. I can run 2.61 ghz during the winter, but have to tweak it down to 2.4 Ghz during summer, cause it just too freaking hot in my room. Anyway, I'm thinking about upgrading my CPU without changing anything else, just for the heck of it. What do you guys recommend? Any suggestion is appreciated.

You should save the money and buy an AM2+/AM3 board with one of the new PII which are released in June.

That's a good thought. But I dont feel like blow $ getting new mobo, CPU, and memory. That just add up the cost of upgrading the whole rig. I'm just hoping spend a little $ on upgrading the CPU for fun.

Do you know what stepping your cpu is? If you have a good one maybe better cooling will net you a better overclock.

I forgot my stepping. I think this is a good one, since it does allow me to get to 2.6Ghz in winter. I'm just thinking of buying another CPU so maybe I can push my rig faster. Just wondering if I can do that in this old rig.

My suggestion would be to pick up another Opty from the classifieds, preferably one that is known to reach your desired frequency.

dan

sigh..... old stuff yet still so expensive.... i guess I will probably stay wiht my opty 165 until i can come across an fx-60 cheap.

Back