• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer 4: Fan Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Junglebizz

I'm probably going to be ordering a Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer 4 with my new setup but I was wondering if it was worth changing the fan setup that comes with it. My options are:

1) Use the stock fan
2) Swap stock fan for a Noctua NF-P12-1300
3) Install two fans in a push/pull configuration

Now, with the push pull config, can the Sunbeam heatsink even hold a second fan on the other side?

If I was to use push/pull, should I swap both fans to be Noctua's or just use the stock fan and a Noctua on the other side?

nm, after looking at a few top down pictures, the back side of the Sunbeam isn't flat but rather angled which would make mounting a pull fan pretty difficult.

Would a Xigmatek HDT-S1283 with two fans in push/pull outperform the Sunbeam?

^ its really tough to say, I dont think that anyone can definitively give a 'yes' or 'no' to that question. They are both great heatsinks and are very close in overall efficiency.

push pull doesnt greatly effect performance of XIG , nothing like true , the fan that comes with Sunbeam is really nice , high cfm and quiet , the fan that comes with xig is quiet too but not as powerful .

The whole two different fans on the same time will work, granted they are close to the same cfm so that one doesn't hold back the other. As fo a push/pull, I haven't tried, but I doubt it would take a college diploma to find a way.

s128 is an excellent cooler, and it can hold 2 fans, but it maeks no difference at all ( mabye 0.5c of your lucky)
i would recoement the s1283, very good cooler, ( just make sure you replace the fan that is included, as it is quite loud and has a low cfm )
( and and also use a fan controller, because mosy 120mm fans will make a very loud noise, and you dont need 100% speed all the time

ive got a ccf, and the angled fins are pretty nice to me.. they aim right at my mosfet sink on my ds4h. ive also got a 2k rpm ultra kaze shrouded push on it

cant do a push/pull ccf config as easily as you could with other sinks though :(

Back