• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Build -- Gaming(?) PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dakure

Hey all,

I'm somewhat(very) new to this building of the computer things. But I want to start, and seeing as how I now have the freedom to build my own computer and have been wanting to get a new computer, I see now is a good chance to begin learning.

Anyways, seeing as how I'm new to this, I figured that I should probably ask for help here and there to make sure that I'm going in the right direction, not forgetting anything, and all my parts are compatible and whatnot.

Okay, so.... This is what I have so far:

Note: The Processor and the Motherboard are in a combo.

I'm also questioning the graphics card but will probably leave that to the graphics card subsection.
Anyways, is there any where I can improve without increasing the cost drastically? I tried an i7 920 build but it seemed to come out way more expensive. =\
So yeah, that's about it.

Thanks in advance,
Dakure

I would change the PSU to a Corsair 650. I would also add a Xigmatek dark knight for OCing and quieter system. Don't forget you'll need a 64bit OS to use all that memory. I would also upgrade the case to a 690, $15 well spent.

You could easily save yourself 100$ by just getting a GTX260 superclocked from evga or even just the regular 260, obviously the 275 is better but that's a lot of money you could save but it all comes down to what you want and what you will be doing.

You could easily save yourself 100$ by just getting a GTX260 superclocked from evga or even just the regular 260, obviously the 275 is better but that's a lot of money you could save but it all comes down to what you want and what you will be doing.

a 4890 would work too, will be cheaper too.

spoil yourself with a CM 690 case. it's much better than the Centurion 590.
and i'm not sure if the quality of that Antec PSU is good. by no means do i dislike Antec, i'm actually quite a fanboy :santa:
if you can get your hands on a True Power New 650w, i'd get that ;)

Back