• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H Driver Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
No matter what I do, I keep getting the error on the attached image.

Here's what I've tried / went through (I always used driver cleaner on old drivers when installing new drivers):
  • Downloaded catalyst 9.5 drivers from ati.com for motherboard/chipset drivers. I tried the full package and got this problem.
  • I could NOT get CCC to run. It just would give me that error (or similar).
  • I uninstalled, and then tried installing the display driver and CCC separately (on separate reboots too), and after I did that I would click on CCC and nothing would even happen
  • After messing around over and over, I thought to myself that I didn't have this problem last week before I formatted, so I figured that the 9.5 drivers were the issue
  • I uninstalled, ran DC pro 1.5, then installed the 9.4 CCC suite
  • Now everything works and CCC runs as well, but after a few minutes the damn error message you see below just randomly popped up

What's the deal:
  1. Should I just completely uninstall CCC and the display drivers, and just install the ones from Gigabyte.com? (they're 8.X drivers from summer 2008) It doesn't come with CCC though, and I like to use it for customization.
  2. Should I completely uninstall CCC, display AND the chipset drivers too?

I downloaded all of the drivers from ati.com that are listed under integrated graphics/chipset drivers here (just go to Motherboard/Integrated Video Drivers). I'm using their display, CCC, chipset, RAID, etc. drivers... I thought the best thing to do is to get the latest and greatest straight from ati.com instead of the motherboard manufacturers (since they don't seem to always update as often).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I actually was going to create this thread as an informative thread to say that 9.5 catalyst drivers were the funky ones, but as I was starting this thread the warning message (seen below) popped up, lol.

Attachments

• giga_ati.JPG
    giga_ati.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 375
Well now it seems to be fine.

We'll see how long this lasts. Perhaps it had to do with me using remote desktop. I figured that could have been the issue, so now I'm logged into the machine with logmein. I know that display settings are altered with remote desktop and how the resolution is stuck at what you connected in at, so perhaps remote desktop doesn't play well with ATI.

I'll just use logmein from now on and see how this turns out.

Back