• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45-Extreme must learn about bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobbyBubblehead

So ive got myself a EP45-Extreme but dont feel I know nearly enough to use it to its full potential.

Point me to some good reading material to help understand its bios and reasoning behind settings. I want to be able to understand and appreciate the options and values that can be alterd.

its mostly an issue of clocking values and the exact terms of meanings and features.

anyone help me to help myself?

really need to sponge up the the why for.
:beer:

appreciated peops. :)
I think the weak spot in my set up was the termination voltage of the vcore, was clocked and running fine at my chose settings for weeks on end but upon re-boot it was resetting bios as if to suggest something wasnt quite right.
bios wasnt reporting any failure in the clocking but I think now ive nudged the termination up a notch the vdroop has become more stable without the need to overvolt the core so much. I was just a little blown away with all the options and terms of things when I got the board and havnt got time to lose messing with it.
its just not a priority thing to be studying at the moment... on the z list :)
it seems the Q66 info for this set up is a little bit left out, mostly duo thrashing on write ups.

think its about cured and the temps are down as are the millivolts, was a stable clock but not the best tweaking going on my part.

i`ll make it more a prority to read up on when im having a minute between the more serious work im up to.

suppose I was looking for a quick template on Q66 @ 3.6 to check my findings against.
i`ll post my findings for reference when I get time but dont have time for a while.

thanks V much for the help :D

Back