• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird framerate issue in wow after last patch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rebelwarlock

Before the patch I didn't have this problem. Now whenever I'm in full screen mode, my framerate speeds up and slows down every second or so. It's fine in windowed mode. Even though I keep it at the same resolution, there's only a problem in full screen mode. Here's my specs:

X2 7750
4GB RAM
Radeon HD 4670 1GB
460W power supply
Vista Business 64 bit

Needless to say, this doesn't happen on other games. Any ideas?

I've had no changes in performance with the last patch. Might try posting on the WoW tech support forums if you haven't already.

I had an issue with my FPS stuttering every few seconds, I disabled the nvidia service and the problem went away.

Besides that, you could start disabling things until it stops. Remember to set shadows one below full, you get a huge performance increase and lose no shadow quality.

I tried suspending the MOM.EXE process with process explorer, but it didn't make a difference. Should I have done that before opening wow? Not sure if that made a difference or not. Also, I'm still running on drivers that came on the disk. Is that bad?

I know little about ATI drivers and how they nice they play with WoW, someone else will have to answer that, sorry.

Damn I hate making noob mistakes.

The solution was in the sticky in the wow tech forums. Vista was choking my computer to save power. The CPU specific option didn't show up (probably because cool and quiet was disabled in bios), but after setting it to high performance, my fps saw a dramatic increase and there doesn't appear to be anymore stuttering. I get 60+ fps now walking around Ogri. I know that's not the most intensive activity in the game, but it was stuttering there before too, so I'm assuming the problem is fixed. In any event, I'll see during my next raid.

In my defense, this is my first new computer in almost six years. The last one was this bad boy:

Athlon XP 2800+
1GB ram
Radeon 9800 pro 128mb

Don't laugh, it was fast back then!

Back