• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
Can't quite pin this down via web searches. Seemed to happen after changing batteries in my wireless mouse then "connecting." Systems seems ok now. Any suggestions?

Another cause is video drivers (pretty common).

Bob, Corey,

Thank you. RAMs and vid drivers are ok (complete uninstall - reinstalled drivers). One item comes to mind: I built this during the Winter when ambient was quite a bit lower and set the BIOS conservatively to "Shut Down" CPU @ 70C. For a short time I exceeded that and of course I have a little work to do on cooling in the warmer weather here. Would a BIOS temperature shutdown show this error? Event viewer only states "unexpected error/shutdown" etc., with no other information.

This started after change in batteries? Did you move to rechargeables, RT?

Perseus,

I'm not using rechargeable batteries right now. When I changed them and reconnected via wireless after some hard usage, I wasn't looking and unknowingly at the time the screen went BSOD with the error so I'm not sure if it's related. Mouse and keyboard are Logitech. I've changed them before with the machine running without any issues. I did see the temps go over 70C using Coretemp minimized, and I don't know how closely Coretemp is to the BIOS temp shutdown max I set, so I'm trying to relate whether either is the problem and if either could give that message. Everything is running fine now, no other issues and this is the only BSOD I've had on this build in 5 months so it took me by surprise somewhat.

I'm not that concerned as long as it doesn't repeat itself. The comp needs a dust cleaning right now so I'll do some preventive maintenance in the event it was momentarily a temperature related shutdown.

Well, I can't help you but a little off topic here; Thunder, it says your CPU is at 3608Ghz Lol pretty sure no cpu in the world runs at that lol got ya units mixed up :D

Well, I can't help you but a little off topic here; Thunder, it says your CPU is at 3608Ghz Lol pretty sure no cpu in the world runs at that lol got ya units mixed up :D

I'll take 5 of those uber futuristic cpus please.

John,

You're right, gotta fix that "ricky tick!" Been that way for months and you're the only one who caught it! :thup::D

Back