• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bigger 940 overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woppy1

at the minute im running @3.8 on my 940 and that has peaked @50c do you think i will get more out of it when i get my new ram.
at the minute i can only run my ram in single channel because the ram sticks are too thick on my old board channel 1 was slots 1&3 on this one it is 1&2.
does running in dual channel do anything for the overclock or is it just a bandwith thing many thanks for any replys

IF the RAM happens to be what's holding you back then going dual channel should help - though single stick, single channel still yields the best OC, AFAIK. ;) (That may have changed with the new systems, IDK.)

Dual channel unganged is more than just bandwidth, it's overall latency as well. Individual data packets won't speed up but the second channel will be carrying data at the same time, and separate from, the first channel. The CPU can send a second data packet down the second channel instead of having to wait for the first data packet to clear the first channel ... :)

Back