• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems Installing Half Life :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuiiey

Howdy!

Does anyone else here have problems installing Half Life on their computer, Every time i go to install it, it says that i cannot install as i only have 1.8mb of physical memory and that the required is 16mb. Dont think that that is the case as my home computer with 1gb of ram can play it but my computer with 4gb cannot :( Anyone out there have any tips or ways to fix this???

拜托!

if you mean hl (not hl2) i think there is no way you install it on vista.
You can try compatibility mode, but I think it won't work
HL its w95/98 game......

just a question (since Im am interesed)
Does that mean he has to BUY the game on steam, right??

If you still don't agree with Steam you can still install the old HL through a virtual machine, or take out one stick of RAM.
HL installs on 2GB fine for me.

just a question, how do i run the setup with windows xp compatability mode? how do i install it from steam?
To install it from steam you have to activate the product in steam. To do this click Games>Activate product on steam and enter your code.

For compatibility mode, right click on the setup.exe or whatever and click properties. Adjust the settings in the compatibility tab to run as administrator and run in XP compatibility mode.

Yeah, it's best to activate it on Steam and run it that way. All of the older games (Half-Life, Blue-Shift, Opposing Force, etc) run great for me on Windows 7 through Steam.

I have no idea how to install Half Life too and that's my big problem. I'm not an expert in terms of computer but I'm starting to play computer games right now and Half Life is one of the games I loved to play.

and now your pc game collection is going to get bigger :p i know mine has since i got steam back in 2004/2005
Hehe, ain't that the truth! I got a Steam account back in Feb. 2004 to play Day of Defeat and now my Steam games collection has grown to 46 games!

I love the weekend deals on Steam, if there is a game I am interested in, I pick it up for 5-10 dollars, it's fantastic!

I just activated my old half life code thru steam and it gives a whole load of games!! I love Steam!! :D

I just activated my old half life code thru steam and it gives a whole load of games!! I love Steam!! :D
Ahh yes. If you activate a box copy of Half-Life, you get all the Half-Life 1 powered games such as Day of Defeat, Counter-Strike, etc. as well as mods and possibly even some HL1 expansions I think.

Back