• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KG7 or KR7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bdf24

I think I'll be on the market for a new board in a few weeks. What do you guys suggest? I've been wanting the Abit KG7, But what about the KR7. I know ones 761 chipset and the other's VIA. What do you guys think?

The KR7A-RAID133 should be the choice. New southbridge that will give native support on ALL IDE controllers for ATA133.

Wow, that would be nice. But now after looking at the prices, I may settle for the KG7 Lite. It's got everything I currently need for only around $102 + S&H. The Kr7A is around $117 + S&H. And the Raid is around $137 + S&H.

I actually just ordered a new IBM ATA 100 60 gig Deskstar yesterday. That's the only drive I'll be running for a while now. I have no plans on getting another drive and running a Raid config.

I suppose I could be swayed from the KG7 Lite to the KR7A without raid if the Benchmarks are substancialy better. I'll mostly be using the system for gaming and video capturing. My Asus A7A is HORRIBLE for video capturing and play back. That's the main reason I want another board.

bdf24 said:
I suppose I could be swayed from the KG7 Lite to the KR7A without raid if the Benchmarks are substancialy better.
Why not look at what Shuttle has to offer? Below a hundred bucks I believe & the KT266A chipset will show a marked increase over the AMD chipset.

Ya know I think I will have a look at the shuttle. I've always been a big Abit man till I bought my Asus A7A (which I've been very dissapointed in). I had'nt even thought about the shuttle. I'm always looking to save a few bucks. And it seems to get good reviews. Might be worth a try. Hell for only $77.00 + S&H, I guess it's worth a shot. Not much of a loss if it does'nt work out.

Back