• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[DDR3] OCZ Platinum or Corsair XMS3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MonkeyMhz

Last edited:
I just picked up that OCZ kit, ZipZoomFly had it for $50 after MIR so it was an easy choice for me. Unfortunately I can't offer any personal experience thus far with it as I'm still waiting for a few parts for my "upgrade" (only thing staying the same is the case and the DVD burner :bday: ).

The reviews I've read of the OCZ Platinum DDR3 kits have all been very good and showed it performing as good as, if not better than, advertised so I don't think you can go wrong with it. I believe I even read one review of the 2 x 1gb platinum kit doing just shy of PC3-2000 at 8-8-8-24 and stock voltage, that's not too shabby.

Corsair is a solid, quality company that puts out great, quality components. You pay a little more for the Corsair name, but they rarely let you down and are worth the money if you have it to spend.

Not sure if any of that info was useful, probably crap you already know, I just felt like babbling. :beer:

Back