• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GoldenOrb2 help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZakAussie

Registered
Hey guys, I just bought a GO2 and installed it. Everything is working fine, But I didn't do any research before getting it.. So I'm starting to wonder if I got a dud. At the moment I'm running my E8500 at 4.00GHz, 1.29V and it's idling at around 43-46c and full loading around 68-72c. So am I going to have to get a new one or will this be okay for the time being?
Thanks for all replies.

That will work for now. Those temps sound right, but you could try remounting if you think you may have done it incorrectly. How much and what paste did you use?

:welcome: to the forums.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure I mounted it properly, I used a thin layer of the paste that I got with the Heat Sink. Well, not heaps thin. Can it make it run hotter if using to much paste?

Yes, you want to use as little paste as possible, just enough so that it spreads to as much of the CPU as possible. You don't want any squishing out.

TBH, that heatsink is utter crap, that is probably the main issue.

Hmm, true.. Well, It will do for no wont it? I'll upgrade when I build my new comp. Thanks mate.

It'll work either way. You just won't be able to overclock as well.

I would say it is higher, yes. But it is not in danger of breaking any components.

Back