• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will this tubing work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rohizzle121

Registered
i saw this at homedepot. i think it would look cool with the white and the BLUEUV light. i ordered blue feser and like this tubing is prpetty cheap and they will cut it for me. i know my ID 1/2 but im not sure of my OD.

Attachments

• photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 126
yeah it is has optimal ID and OD for water cooling , not sure if anyone here has experience using it and how it holds over time , but should be ok and it probably has higher bend radius which is a plus, it should work .

Last edited:
yeah it is has optimal ID and OD for water cooling , not sure if anyone here has experience using it and how it holds over time , but should be ok and it probably has higher bend radius which is a plus, it should work .

thanks guys!
thats gonna look awesome becuase of the white with the UV light, i havent seen that in anyones system yet!
thanks again:D

thanks guys!
thats gonna look awesome becuase of the white with the UV light, i havent seen that in anyones system yet!
thanks again:D

i found some tubing at ace earlier today as well, and it said it was rated at 50PSI at 70f, thats too low, right?

it should be ok, just stay away from the cheap stuff, its a big pain to work with :)

and i'm talking about the cheap clear non braided stuff they have around the depot. i think it was what, 3-4 dollars for 10 feet or so. very hard to work with and the bend radius is horrid.

it was the first tubing i bought because i was on a budget, after i bought some primoflex or similar i was surprised with the difference.

it should be ok, just stay away from the cheap stuff, its a big pain to work with :)

and i'm talking about the cheap clear non braided stuff they have around the depot. i think it was what, 3-4 dollars for 10 feet or so. very hard to work with and the bend radius is horrid.

it was the first tubing i bought because i was on a budget, after i bought some primoflex or similar i was surprised with the difference.

its not really the matter of the price, but rather, its gonna take forever to get in the mail lol. i think im going to get the braided stuff from the depot and hope for the best. ill just bring in my primoflex[old tubing] and have them cut it exactly to the same length:D

i wish there was a WC shop in houston :/

from what i have seen that is very stiff and if you got a small spare to work with i'd suggest something else TBH

I use the same stuff in my system. I works out nice and since it is braided, you can't kink it. If you are using a small case be careful, it doesn't bend very easily. Use a hair dryer on low heat to help with any bending.

Take pictures when your done. I don't see a problem except it may not seal as well if the braid is on the inside of the tube.

Yes, please let us know how it works out. I've contemplated using this stuff whenever I re-do my loop as well. I like the industrial look...and it's cheap. :)

I've used that exact tubing and it works fine. Just be sure to use hose clamps. It is quite stiff and needs the hose clamps to seal tight.

I like the hair dryer idea!

12-13-2008036.jpg

I used some good steel clamps on mine and haven't had a single problem.

Back