• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HIS 3870 suddenly died without prior notice =}

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neji415

Registered
Hey all,

My HIs 3870 suddenly stopped working when I just finished gaming and restarted my PC to switch windows...It wouldnt give any display ...:confused: any ideas!!!

did you change anything before you rebooted?

unplug replug, i had my display go out on me like that, it wouldn't show anything when i booted, found out that i had to either dis/re connect the power or the DVI connection to the video card after reboot and some time for windows to boot.

hmm... @ jokers_greg yeah i resetted my CMOS many times..but no luck....

@ Joedymueller no i didnt change anything at all... will try the dvi connection thing.... thnx for the help guys

I fear for you that your card is dead. I saw the same thing happening with my bro's HD3850. He had the card for 6 months and he was playing and after that he rebooted his pc and after that the card was dead.

No more signals coming from the DVI ports and anything. He had sent it for RMA and some engineers over there found out that some chips were burned out.

Weird, since his airflow was good and he never OC's.

He went for an HD4850 after that and it (still) works. hehe

The best thing is to start looking for the package of your card and proof of purchase in case of RMA.

Thnx Keitosha ... I guess it bye bye good old 3870.... I dunt have any warranty on it anymore since I have a 3rd party cooler installed on it...so I cant RMA it... :'(

on a side note....4870 is kik as*

Back