• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX260 Thinks its overclocked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhoenixOfChaos

This isnt really an issue, just more of a curiosity type thing... But I bought an eVGA GTX260 216 for my new rig, which comes stock AT 576mhz core and 1998mhz memory, however according to evga precision and GPUZ my card is running at 626core and 2106mhz memory. And even when I hit "default clocks" on evga precision, it puts it at the aforementioned.

Any ideas why it did that?

Thats exactly what I just checked. Nope, I bought the 1255 version which according to Newegg and Evgas website is stock clocks. The box and card UPC match the same code which corresponds to the 1255 version.

(By 1255, I mean the UPC of the product in question. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130434)

Edit: I even just registered the product with EVGA using the SN, etc. And it all went through and recognized it as the above linked product. So wierd :-/

Last edited:
evga ships vanilla cards with the next cards up bios alot, I have talked to them about it and I have peronsally seen it 6 times.

if you want more balls on your card flash it to the SSC bios, your SC bios and that of the vanilla is 1.06 volts 3d, the SSC card will supply 1.12 which is what the previous 65nm cards were fed and what the ssc 55nm gets fed. you should be good for 700/1512/1150 easy that way even on an average clocker, may get lucky and have a cherry there that can do even more.

Back