• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe 120x25mm SlipStream SY1225SL12SH - 110 CFM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well 37dB is nowhere near quiet ... it's nearly double what is generally considered quiet. hehe

You can have a listen here though.

True but My Delta are rated at 58dBA but thats running like 3000rpm.I figure a lot of that sound is from how fast the blades are turning.But i could be wrong.Im running yateloons atm and they are rated at 37dBA also and they aint bad but my temps aint so great either

Last edited:
this model?

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/de12trblvehi.html

i have two of those in push/pull on my black true. i'll be honest, i'm slipping slowly into senility with all the noise.

i'm also thinking about packing this quad SLI setup up or selling it off due to summer being here. last summer i was running a fast dual and single GPU. i was using my z9700nt and a 8800gts (g92) - ran nice and shhhhhhh.

i'm SICK of noise.

Asking a group of people if 37db is quiet will give you a whole range of answers. It depends on several things. The two most important are the hearing sensitivity of the individual and the background noise of the computer and the room it is in. If the environmental noise is already relatively high then 37db ain't bad. It may not be silent but it probably won't be obnoxious. If the environment is quiet then 37db may be annoying. For me with my ears in my computing environment I find that I begin to notice a fan's noise somewhere in the 32-34db range. One thing you might consider it getting a fan speed controller so you can adjust the speed (and noise) of your fans according to the need.

Another issue with fans is durability. What are reviewers saying about the durability of the Slipstreams?

Asking a group of people if 37db is quiet will give you a whole range of answers. It depends on several things. The two most important are the hearing sensitivity of the individual and the background noise of the computer and the room it is in. If the environmental noise is already relatively high then 37db ain't bad. It may not be silent but it probably won't be obnoxious. If the environment is quiet then 37db may be annoying. For me with my ears in my computing environment I find that I begin to notice a fan's noise somewhere in the 32-34db range. One thing you might consider it getting a fan speed controller so you can adjust the speed (and noise) of your fans according to the need.

Another issue with fans is durability. What are reviewers saying about the durability of the Slipstreams?
Got two fan controllers

Back