• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help for WIN 7 and 9800GTX2 GPU client install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Folks I must be doing something simple wrong.:confused:

After rebuilding and installing Win 7 RC.

I installed the GPU client...followed Thideras "How to"

I did move where the client installed to app data.

Then created my shortcuts. I named them 0 and 1 to match the folders I created(Instead of 1 and 2)

The Target changes were what is in the "How to" and this is where I moved the client to. C:\Users\dad7rc\AppData\Roaming\Folding@home-gpu\Folding@home\Folding@home-gpu\[email protected] "-gpu 0 -config -verbosity 9 -local

The Start in is : C:\Users\dad7rc\AppData\Roaming\GPU0

That is where the new folders are.

Now when I click on the first shortcut I get the message on allowed flags
and it lists them all.

That indicates the the Target has wrong flags doesn't it? I expect the client to try to start and error if I was aimed at the right spot.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

The 2 monitors do show and I have display 1 active and display 2 inactive(darkened)

I'll work on getting screenshots if needed.

Another Question what is that -local flag for?

Its not listed as a flag...tho its always worked before and is working currently on other GPU2 setup.

Gonna go eat lunch till someone who thinks clearly points out my mistep!:beer:

LOL I left the quotes right after EXE. on the Target line.:screwy:
In Win XP that wouldn't be accepted and you always know you did it wrong, not so in Win 7...it accepts anything.

Up and running!:beer:

The lunch helped!!

Edit: Unfortunately the 2nd client is euing instantly at first it wouldn't start...giving the "No driver installed message"

I activated the 2nd monitor then get the repeated errors until it reaches the 24 hour limit and says the client is unstable.

I hope I have it set up wrong and its using the same GPU...otherwise I am afraid the second GPU is no good...which would really suck!

OK so the "How to" Says to disable the second monitor but on my working GPU2 setup I had to activate the 2nd monitor to get them to fold.

Which is correct?

Last edited:
LOL I left the quotes right after EXE. on the Target line.:screwy:
In Win XP that wouldn't be accepted and you always know you did it wrong, not so in Win 7...it accepts anything.

Up and running!:beer:

The lunch helped!!

nut'n like a full belly to set the mind free...........(women have known this for years) lol

Got it!! Had to deselect Multi GPU Mode...Is that AKA Sli?

Did not think it would be on by default.

I expect PPD to drop but its at 10,704 right now WOW Yippee....I still have my single GPU to try to add back in....but its time to take a break and mow the lawn.

and for laughs here is my Ghetto heat sink. I needed to add weight because the pushpins barely work and the rig would not boot this morning when I put it together.
Ghetto-HS.jpg

Attachments

• Ghetto-HS.jpg
    Ghetto-HS.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Back