• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mATX mobo (matx or atx case?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlf2898

Registered
I'm getting a micro atx mobo from AsRock. Im not going to be doing any Large clocks with this build. But I was woundering if it is better to go with a mATX case, I was going to buy a ATX case but its just a waste of space to cool right? Im not going to be needing any of tha extra room. Im only getting one Graphics Card. And I have two case fans a nice PSU with fan and blue light, and I also have a PCI slot blower to blow out hot air. Im going to put that under the graphics card. Should that be good for cooling. ...or should I get a bigger case..Which is easier to cool bigger or smaller? Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm getting a micro atx mobo from AsRock. Im not going to be doing any Large clocks with this build. But I was woundering if it is better to go with a mATX case, I was going to buy a ATX case but its just a waste of space to cool right? Im not going to be needing any of tha extra room. Im only getting one Graphics Card. And I have two case fans a nice PSU with fan and blue light, and I also have a PCI slot blower to blow out hot air. Im going to put that under the graphics card. Should that be good for cooling. ...or should I get a bigger case..Which is easier to cool bigger or smaller? Thanks for any suggestions.

why would you get a matx board if you are not going use a matx case?
There are matx cases that can swallow that, but they would be in the lanbox category and be pretty expensive.

If cost is not an issue I would definitely get the larger case so that if in the future you wanted to put in another board or add components you have the room. Also, small cases can be frustrating to work in and you can get a lot of lacerations.

I agree with trents, microatx cases are tiny, if you don't have to use one, get an ATX case, there'll be more room to work in, being less cramped inside will allow better (and more) airflow and help lower temps.

I have a mATX board/case, and while it works just fine it is very cramped.

Back