• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

chipset heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eXcalibur

i recently bought the evga 750i ftw, and was planning on replacing the stock heatsink on the chipest, i planned on getting the thermalright hr-09 type 4 for mosfet, and hr-05 SLI/IFX for sb, as of nb, i am lost, because there's 2 separate chips on nb ...

I would recommend using individual heat sinks for each component rather than one of those bridge types connected by a heat pipe. People have all kinds of problems getting them to make good contact with all the pieces they are trying to connect.

that's what i'm trying to do, the stock one are connected through heat pipes

Two seperate chips on the northbridge? In bios on many newer boards there is a chipset northbridge menu item which is sometimes labled just "chipset" and then there is another northbridge which is sometimes labled "nortbridge" or "cpu northbridge". The latter refers to the integrated memory controller (ICM) which is now built into the cpu core on AMD CPUs. Now that intel has gone to an ICM the terminology may be similarly confusing. Sidewinder has a good selection of mofset and chipset coolers.

Back