• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC150 memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ifishsum

Registered
After seeing many negative posts about OCZ memory I was a bit leery of buying it...but after 2 RMAs for Kingmax PC150 that wouldn't even do 150mhz 3-3-3 without errors I decided to try the OCZ Performance 150cl2. Runs flawlessly in my system @153mhz 2-2-2 and upped my 3Dmark2001 score by 200 pts! The stick I received had 7ns Micron chips on it. Just wanted to post a positive OCZ experience for what it's worth...

wow i didnt notice (well i wasn't looking either) any bad reviews on OCZ ram. ...that would suck.

glad your having great luck with yours, did yours come with a heatspreader or no? . ..hey and what funky color did you order i've got ice-:eh?:-blue and fire-:mad:-red on they way... hope i have some good luck w/ the ram aswell ...:D

EDIT: hey i noticed you have a VT6X4 ..that was my 1st board (and my 2nd too) but i justed 2 say i love that board.. hehe.. oh and niceee OverClock on the Celeron, what are you using for cooling?

didn't see any bad reviews...just negative posts here in the forum, mostly about their DDR ram. I Got the Fire red w/ no heatspreader.
Don't see too many VT6X4s...probably because it's VIA and Slot1 but I like that cause I can play with slot 1s as well as 370 (and the tuallys using a powerleap adaptor). I'm using a lapped Gorb and ASII for cooling...and a couple extra case fans.

If you mix the fire red and the ice blue, you might get melted purple LOL

The VT6X4 is a nice flexable board for overclocking, I used to have one. The problem is it is a slow board. If you put your chip on a 440BX or 815EP you will 1.5 times the speed out of it, I don't mean more mhz but it'll just work faster. Sandra doesn't show this lack of performance but any cpu intensive stuff like flask does.

Ken I agree- the BX chipset has much faster memory throughput than the VIA 694X (the whole reason it is slower) but a BIOS update that enabled SDRAM 4way interleaving closed that gap considerably and the ability to set the ram clock above the host clk is why I wanted the PC150...now I'm almost dead even with the 440BX. If i'd known then what I know now, I'd have coughed up the extra 30 bucks for the BX board but I might not have learned as much along the way nor had as many late nights trying to wring every ounce of performance possible out of it. To me that's the whole essence of this hobby :)

:cool: Bingo again.

I got my 800EB in the VT6X4, and I always liked that
board.

After getting a few updates and tweaking it some, it compared
good with other P3 boards.

I also havent had any problems with my OCZ ram either.
Have that in a Gigabyte 60XET-C board now...
I got the red ramsinks on mine. Dont know about the DDR junk.

:p

I am glad to see that the VT6X4 is working up to speed now:D I didn't have mine long enough for there to be a mature bios that let it be competative with other boards. As it was I had to use a beta bios when I had it for stability.

Ocz DDR-pc2400

Here's a fresh wcpuid showing my pc2400/256Mb 266MhzDDR@290+Mhz.

wcpuid1.gif

I like this stuff pretty well.:)

Hey Thermal were talking about sdram not ddr :D

I like Mushkin the best. I have 6 128meg sticks of rev 3. 3 of them are in my Abit KT7A-R and run using max ram settings cas2,2,2 turbo 4-way interleave...... @ 150fsb stock voltage and 155 with slight tweak. The other 3 sticks are in a Asus TUSL2-C running at a 166fsb in cas 3.

I highly recomend this ram for overclocking.

ocz pc166

I´ve tested Ok my OCz pc166 cas3 at 150 cas2 fastest settings in my bios... Just don´t have anyway with many sticks this creepy board to work with 4way interleaving on... Even at 100mhz! I´ve remembered to download before another program that enables 4-way interleaving besides wpcredit... Wnt to test it to see if it doesn´t happens som random boot problems that happens with wpcrset... Inside windows and games it work ok with 4way... Just the ramdom boot crashing problems, than must enter safe mode and try again... Thats pain:mad: and i decided not to use it...

:eek:

Edit: Hmmm, found that other app, "memoryenable"... it´s disdposable at viahardware... That one WORKS on the interleaving where hodas fail.... Thanks... Now this creepy chipset can do arround 300/366 at 110 fsb on sandra... :eek:
At least 7,1% increase in quake fps...

Last edited:
Back