• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7950 GT AGP compatibility?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rommie

I've heard that these "weren't really meant to" come in AGP versions, so people have been having problems with forceware drivers (having to use manufacturer drivers)... like the later AGP radeons. Does anyone know if this AGP card is now fully functional with nvidia forceware drivers?

The graphics drivers should be okay. The only thing I've noticed is that sometimes Windows has a problem with the bridge chips used (to convert one interface to another). For instance. I've found a certain combination that results in Windows Vista not seeing a PCI graphics card properly - a PCI card that is really a PCIe GPU with a PCIe-to-PCI bridge chip on some motherboards.

I do agree with Badbonji in that you should at least consider a platform upgrade, even if you don't go through with it.

With my GeForce 7600 GS, when used with ForceWare versions higher than 182.08, Windows gave me this error message in Device Manager:

The device cannot start. Code 10.

Look out for that error if you're using ANYTHING later than 182.08!

Back