• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R800 ready?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rinne

according to this article on Bit-Tech, AMD's R800 based GPU's are already in production, and were for some time.

They say it's just not released because of TSMC's 40nm problems, to build up some stock and because Windows 7 isn't out, yet.

I wonder if it's true and it would of course contradict with the news in this thread in which it's said that The GT300 will be first to hit the market (which I doubt anyways.).

dam, I just bought my 4890!. Lol. Oh well hopefully they will hold off until june of next year or until windows 7 so I don't look like a complete tool.

Hopefully R800's AA will be as compatible as nv's unlike the 4x00 series

Hopefully R800's AA will be as compatible as nv's unlike the 4x00 series

Have you bumped the AA all the way up in the CCC yet?. I pushed every 3d option I could to the max there, games look stunning on my 4x00 series cards.

It's about time that the Direct X11 cards came out. Things are going to become very interesting. The market lately has been too saturated lately. This is what I have been waiting to see for a long time now.

UT3 is a good example, perhaps I should've explained. For maybe 2 UT3 engine based games AA on ATi works, however, a good game that I stopped playing because it looked so ****ty would be the new Brothers in Arms game...that game looks great with AA, but I feel like I'm playing a console with so many jagged edges.

nV's AA compatibility overall with many games and emulators is a sure plus, however, the one reason I can't just drop my crappy (mostly mine ;) 4850 and go to a GTX260 is because ATi's AA, IMHO, is much better looking/faster than nV's....any Source based game, CoD series, 4x AA looks great and I can barely see any jaggies, it just feels like nV's compatibility is over all better than ATi's, but the pros out weigh the cons for me.

well it depends on games and apps, in SLI anything other than game set AA for nvidia doesnt work in alot of games last time I tried, thats pretty consoley :p

I'm wondering what SIMD -> MIMD instruction sets are going to do for the last generation of games.

A GPU core / shader is essentially as powerful as an older CPU core now in these new cards.

+1
i always thought AMD was head with AA and AF performance.
and ziggo0, i was reading about the new DX11 cards, and it says the new cards will have custom filter AA. also, benefits to W7 performance.

At a press conference in Taipei, Taiwan today, AMD showcased the world’s first Microsoft DirectX 11 graphics processor. AMD showed the faster application performance and some new game features, with the technology set to be released late 2009. The list of features includes two mature, AMD-developed technologies in DirectX 11:

* Tessellation, which will allow higher quality and better performing games by making use of the newer AMD technology.
* The compute shader, which will help make Windows 7 run faster using AMD technology. One example is by allowing users to simply drag-and-drop video to portable media players rather than having to run a conversion program.

Others features include Fetch4, custom filter anti-aliasing and high-definition ambient occlusion shading. The development of DirectX11 relied heavily on AMD graphics technology, which means that it will be almost tailored for use on their new graphics cards. Should be interesting to actually see what DirectX 11 brings to the gaming world.

i dont really understand what dragging and dropping vids has anything to do with the video card...

I think that means something like "on the fly" conversion.

Like you have a video file in any format you want to copy to your portable device and it converts it (nearly) without performance loss while copying.

I think that means something like "on the fly" conversion.

Like you have a video file in any format you want to copy to your portable device and it converts it (nearly) without performance loss while copying.

ah ic i figured something like that but i wasnt to sure thanks for the clarification

Back