• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this guy lucky or what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

necrokiller

I know this guy through another forum. He lives in Pakistan and no website ever delivers there so he gets his stuff delivered to someone he knows in Dubai. Well heres his recent experience with overclockers.co.uk:

well as some of you know i had recently ordered the corsair dominator gt 2000Mhz ram (2GBx3) modules and a razer mamba from the best online retailer overclockers.co.uk (will tell in the end why they are the best). they had shipped it off to me through royal mail to be delivered in dubai...for some odd reason the package didnt get delivered. i called up overclockers and they said that royal mail has reported the package to be lost. so they shipped out ANOTHER set of ram modules and mamba through dhl which got delivered on time.

now the interesting bit...couple of days ago my manager in dubai recieved another package and called me. i asked him to open it up and turns out..the so called 'LOST' royal mail package arrived . so now basically ive ended up with 12gigs of 2000Mhz RAM and 2 RAZER MAMBAS . they are coming here on friday so keep a look out at this space for **** loads o pics and review with bench results as well... im the happiest guy in the world man.

btw the reason overclockers are the best is because they shipped me a free i7 board, processor and cooler fan last year because they had some confusion at their end. and now this ram WOOHOOO!!!!!

One lucky chap?

Well, depends on how you look at it. He has a responsbility to report that he received both packages. If he doesnt, then technically its theft.

If he does report it and they tell him no problem and doesnt charge him, then he is lucky.

Well, depends on how you look at it. He has a responsbility to report that he received both packages. If he doesnt, then technically its theft.

If he does report it and they tell him no problem and doesnt charge him, then he is lucky.

+1

Well thats EXACTLY what I told him.... but I wonder how many would do it if they were in his shoes?

Well thats EXACTLY what I told him.... but I wonder how many would do it if they were in his shoes?

I had a similar thing with RMAing an OCZ PSU. They sent me two by accident. I called them up told them they sent two to me and they offered to sell me the second one for half price or return it. I chose to pay half price for it.

I had a similar thing with RMAing an OCZ PSU. They sent me two by accident. I called them up told them they sent two to me and they offered to sell me the second one for half price or return it. I chose to pay half price for it.

:beer::beer::beer:

I did my part and told him to report it to them... but im pretty sure hes keeping all that stuff. The worst part is, the guy can actually afford all the stuff in the first place. :confused::confused:

I remember RMAing a video card and they sent one out but I did'nt recieve it when the tracking # I checked showed it was delivered. I called them up and they sent out another one. I recieved the 1st one shortly after and then the next day I recieved the 2nd one.

I called them up again and told them all about it and how shipping somehow got all screwy. They told me "don't worry about it, keep it. Thanx for letting us know. Have a great day"

That was that :)

I learned that honesty is the best policy.

Something similar happened to me as well.

I ordered my OCZ XTC ram from a store near my house... the shipping rate was low and it would cost me more to drive down there so I ordered it online. It took longer than usual for a store so close to my house. I asked them for the update on shipping and the guy told me if it hasn't arrived yet, we'll send you one right away. Turns out, the first shipment they sent arrived the next day and it was a beautiful touch screen Samsung MP3 Player... the following day I got my RAM. I notified them about the mp3 player and they asked me to send it back free of charge, and so I did.

He must live with his conscience if he decides to keep both items. Based on him saying hes kept other "freebie" stuff from OCuK in the past who knows how much of a conscience he really has. I don't even know the whole story so I should probably just shut up, but here's to hoping he does the right thing and doesn't screw over our overclocking brothers across the pond. :-/

He must live with his conscience if he decides to keep both items. That's all I can say on the subject, anything else will probably come off as offensive.

What he said.

Something similar to this happened to me as well. I deposited some money and cashed the check at the same time. The I received more than the cash requested. When I noticed this, I simply returned the extra amount. Grant it, this was more local than the OP's story, but still, records will be kept.

He must live with his conscience if he decides to keep both items. Based on him saying hes kept other "freebie" stuff from OCuK in the past who knows how much of a conscience he really has. I don't even know the whole story so I should probably just shut up, but here's to hoping he does the right thing and doesn't screw over our overclocking brothers across the pond. :-/

Well said.

Heres his response:
umm..yea necro i thought about what you said....really doesnt gets registered in my mind :p lol so im gonna pass on that idea :p plus free stuff never hurt any1 did it?

The only reason im sharing this here is because I know no one will ever agree with me over there so its pointless...and I thought what he did was wrong.

I wonder why are there such screw ups with OC uk... someone should notify them. And with such a track record with this guy, its only gonna encourage him further to exploit it.

Last edited:
Who needs 12gb's of ram!?!? Why not send it back in and hopefully they will go "sorry about the mix up, we have credited your card for the balance."

I remember something like this happened a couple years ago. I ordered 2 fatheads for myself, and both of my brothers ordered 1. At the time I lived in my old house a lot of my packages would get shipped to the wrong house cause these people did not know the difference between East and West. It got sent to the wrong house so the fathead company sent another one. Then the honest guy who lived at the house gave us the package. What's funny is that when my brother opened up one of the packages he scratched one of my fatheads, and my other one had pen marks on it. (I think it was the new one that got delivered.) And when putting it on the wall a small bit got ripped off but hidden.

Whats funny is both my brothers fatheads were perfect though.

+1 from here as well.
although i have to say in his defense, the stuff probably got paid for by insurance and i would assume that OCuK shipped to him insured, so not really a loss to OCuK.
on the other hand, he still should have notified just to be sure. i am sure they would have let it go anyway.
this way i hope the right person from OCuK see's this thread and that would probably the last time they shipped anything to him.
"don't bit the hand that feeds you"

One dishonest mofo, if he doesn't call ocuk and ask what they'd like him to do. They should of course pay return shipping if they want the stuff back..

Wouldn't they be insured against lost parcels? So they would have got their money back from losing it.

I hate OCUK every order I have placed with them has always been a **** up from start to finish. Last time I ordered RAM from them they "lost" the RAM and so I had to wait an extra 3 weeks to be told they wouldn't refund my next day delivery and that in actual fact the RAM wasn't "lost" but was never in stock in the first place.

Back