• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 o/c - cant do anything ~

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stoned

4x80gb HD (raid0)
1x500gb
MB : EP45C-DS3R(gigabyte)
DDR3 OCZ3RPX1333EB2G 2x2gigs
Q6600(2.4 - need more power!)
GFX 4870toxic(clocked GPU 810 - M.clock 1025)

Hi all - im new here but have came across and got much help just from reading through the forums.My prob is i cant o/c with this mb.From what i have read in many forums i have to play with the voltages with i havent got a clue as they r so many now !

4x80gb HD (raid0)
1x500gb
MB : EP45C-DS3R(gigabyte)
DDR3 OCZ3RPX1333EB2G 2x2gigs
Q6600(2.4 - need more power!)
GFX 4870toxic(clocked GPU 810 - M.clock 1025)
cooling zalman (flower i think its called) its quite big anyways !
+ 2fans infront of the HD and 1more behind the zalman for venting

By saying "I can't do anything" are you saying your system is slow or are you saying that your system will not overclock? Are you asking how do you OC? :confused:

sorry guys for taking forever to reply.
Accidently double posted too
*EDIT*
I've merged the two threads for ya. Luta

Well as i said i cant do anything.Tried a few random under 9x333 and got the reboot thing for the reset.I know i have to play with the voltages but "damn" - they r so many !
I havent got a clue where to start(or know) ! ! !
Cant get anything over the stock 2.4 on my o/clockable Q6600
Any info needed i will be more then happy to share :p

Last edited by a moderator:
No one to help me out a bit ? :(
Tried enough voltages + playing with the multiplyer and still got nothing !
Almost gave myself a heart attack too - had a power failier :p

Just another thing i've noticed - while playing Crysis - almost till end - all was working nice and smooth.Now it keeps freezing up till it completly dies out on me and have to reboot !

all are set to auto and r at stock settings
correct voltage for ram - i will have to rescan da forums to see what goes where :)

Last edited:
think it must be my mb or maybe my psupply !
Exept the ram settings(factory settings that is) i cant do any changes to the rest.
Think i will leave it as is and buy another one next year

think it must be my mb or maybe my psupply !
Exept the ram settings(factory settings that is) i cant do any changes to the rest.
Think i will leave it as is and buy another one next year

you're settings are locked because you have overclocking set to auto lol. Take a picture of your BIOS screen and send it to us.

Back