• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

worried about my temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Badas

Registered
Just got an xigmatec HDT fitted so far my temps idle at arround:

at maxed i get arround

the fan also doesn't run at full speed, my bios says it should be at 100% and so does speedfan but its only spins at 1.4K when it should go up to 2.4K, so whats the problem with it ? the fan is connected to the right CPU fan socket too :(

heatsink is fitted fine with the thermal paste that came with it too.

i overclocked from 2.8GHz to 3.3GHz to only get a 2 degrees rise in temps (which i thought was good) but i am expecting lower temps

please reply soon guys :)

Temps look ok to me,
1400 rpm sounds about right for the 120mm model. If the speed of the fan is a concern, there "should" be a setting in your BIOS for setting a target temp, it's quite possible your not hitting the target and making your fan ramp up.

Yeh those temps are fine... as for the fan, plug it directly into your psu... that will make it run full speed!!

won't just plugging it into my psu kill th fan? lol

also how do i play the 4 pin cpu fan into the psu? don'ti need a converter or would an external fan controler bethe right way to go ?

ty

wow your temps are WAYY better than mine. idle i get 40's and at load i get 70's with CCF. i think i need to re-done my heatsink.

i prefer fan controllers, but you could get a 3 pin extension with a 4 pin molex on one end and plug it into the psu line. It wont kill it, it only sends what the fan needs which is less than an amp on 12v depending on the fan.

ok just noticed hte past few days of comparing cpu temps etc, its been really hot compared to usual here in the UK but atm hte room is quite chilled my current idle temps are:

As for a fan controler how do they work? fasn connect into one socket and the PSU gives power to the controler direct? so cuts out hte need for any extension / conversion cables but also allows ease of tuning yup??

ty :)

I dunno how a fan controller works as iv never used one... as for your temps you have nothing to worry about... if anything, you have plenty of room to oc that quad some more!!

ok thanks :) one thing i have noticed is taking off the side panel of my case i get arround 2 degres cooler which was a bit surprising, especially in the gpu side of things so i am thinking of modding my wide case eitehr add some new fasn but hte issue is the new cards taken up a fair bit of room....

as or overclocking more i would love to but not sure where to go from my current setup

i am at 3.3GHz and don't know if its time to start changing settings on my north bridge which i would like to avoid doing lol

atm my RAM is at 900MHz (just over actuallly) and the cpu stats are:

Max VCORE = 1.26V
Max VIN1 =1.5V
CPU FSB = 1.28
VIN2 = 1.54V
DRAM = 1.84V

intel recomend a max of 1.3V is that on the cpu V core or the FSB?? cheers :)

Back