• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan problem with my 5050e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hoihoi8

Registered
Hello, I'm installing my AMD 5050e X2, but there seems to be something wrong with my fan.

When I turn on the computer, the fan is moving pretty slow and my temp reading is 60C. When I go 100% cpu power, my temp jumps up to 75C+ and my fan never speeds up. It just stays at the same slow speed.

Anyone know whats wrong?

Abit KN9 motherboard
5050e CPU

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Is your cpu fan plugged in? Do you have any case fans? That's far, far hotter then that chip usually gets.

Is your cpu fan plugged in? Do you have any case fans? That's far, far hotter then that chip usually gets.

Yep the fan is plugged in. It is the same model fan my 4200+ was using. I plugged it into the same spot.

The fan is moving so slow, I can almost make out the logo.

That's certainly one possiblity.

If that's not the issue another might be SmartFan or whatever your board calls it. Might want to check BIOS to see if it's on and what the settings are ...

I called AMD and they said my MB doesn't support the 5050e cpu. Does that mean I'm pretty much screwed? I guess the 4850e is the latest X2 my MB supports.

Do unsupported cpus cause overheating?

You can always plug the fan straight into the PSU - no reason to go through the board really. About half my rigs are set up to run off the PSU - usually the HDD circuit if I can manage it. The only reason the rest of them aren't off the PSU is lack of motivation to build the adapters ... :-/

Back