• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

not sure how to attach tubes to pump?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

philtml

the problem with this pump is the ends where you attach the tubes its just smooth no ridges or anything. any one know how to deal with this?

Make ridges by wrapping the inlet and outlet with plumber's tape with a taper. More layers on the ends-->less closer to the pump housing.

i'll try the tape thing that might work, but any idea maybe a plastic nozzle or something? the two ends are solidly attached and don't come off :bang head hope i find a solution, others are still welcome to help :)

what pump is this? did it come with those fittings or did you get them yourself? Where did this pump/fittings come from?

what size are the ends? I would rough them up alittle, then apply some teflon tape (one or two wraps) and use some good steel clamps that you can tighten with a screwdriver, then test the pump for leaks outside of the case.

That pump isn't the standard DD pump, you order it with your choice of fittings.
http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=356&cat=0&page=1
The DD pump comes with standard G1/4 fittings for whatever barbs and his pump has no wrench fittings. It really still looks like that DD pump tho.

OP: Where did you buy the pump? Post the link of the place you got the pump from, that could help us help you.
Did you gently try putting a good pair of pliers on the bottom metal part of the barb and try to unscrew the barb?

In final, the barbs aren't the best on that pump. But the right size hose and worm/screw hose clamps would probably hold just fine, WC loops don't have a lotta pressure.

Hasn't replied in over 28 hours, must be busy or not a big deal, or fixed it.

k sorry havnt been on in a while, i got it off e-bay, but ya it looks exactly like that danger den one, so i can just buy the fittings? well i cheek that out, but no it just came with thoes i think the person who sold it on eBay got those ones cuz they would be the cheapest, or standard that comes with it. OK i cheeked the site, i can get 1/4 fittings thx alot!

I'd try to get the old fittings off. A good pair of pliers with a towel around the barb should give you the clamping power to unscrew them. It's standard G1/4 barbs on a DD pump if that what it is, you can use any WC barb to put back in.

Back