• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
i have an old dell pentium 2 350 mhz, there are three ram slots on the motherboard, it needs pc100 ram, but im wondering if there is a max i can use? i was thinkin of buying a 512mb dimm, then put in the two 128 mb dimms i have....think this would work?

Sisoft Sandra will tell you how much your motherboard can support and what kind of size module it will support max.

Yodums

You probably have a similar pc to mine (Dell Dimension V350). Yes, I admit it, I have a dell, well, it was a dell, the only thing that is still dell is the case, psu, and mobo. Anyway, mine uses the ar440bx mobo, wich is absolutely impossible to find anything on, seeing as how it was built specifically for dell. Now,the 440bx chipset will run 768 megs ram max i think. Dell states that the pc will accept 384mb (128 x 3), but i have run 512 (256, 128 x 2) in it fine. So, 256 x3 will work, but im not sure about 512. one 512 may work, with a pair of 128, but that's probably the max. Only one way to find out.

Well me and one of my friends worked on one this weekend and we got it up to 192 because thats all we had but other then that it worked fine

oh and yes it was a p 2 350 mhz

RangerJoe said:
i have an old dell pentium 2 350 mhz, there are three ram slots on the motherboard, it needs pc100 ram, but im wondering if there is a max i can use? i was thinkin of buying a 512mb dimm, then put in the two 128 mb dimms i have....think this would work?

well you dont need more then 512 on that thing neways, the cpu/mobo are too old to use that amount of memory, 128~256 would be fine enough.

I agree. What can you do with that machine that would use all that memory. Your money would be better spend in a different direction.

Billy

well 256 is enoguh but if you have windows 98 it can only reconize 512 anyways. this weekend i took one of my friends computer that was a gateway pen.2 350 mhz and reformated the hard drive and install xp because it can reconize over 700 b of memory

Back