• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

has anyone bought a Q9550 from newegg recently? Curious which rev is shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jivetrky

Just curious if anyone has purchased a Q9550 from newegg recently. Wondering if they are shipping E0 or C1.

I know I can buy from Tankguys and get a guaranteed E0, I just would prefer to save $30 if Newegg is currently shipping them.

Thanks guys!

Or hey, if you know somewhere else that is providing E0's for closer to Newegg's price, please LMK :)

I'll let you know when mine gets in... Just grabbed one off the egg last night, hopefully it will be here by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Whats the benefit of the E0 stepping over the C1? Similar to the G0 Q6600's?

I'll let you know when mine gets in... Just grabbed one off the egg last night, hopefully it will be here by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Whats the benefit of the E0 stepping over the C1? Similar to the G0 Q6600's?

yes, they are supposed to OC better than C1's (Just like G0's of the Q6600's)

I would be amazed if they were still shipping C1s since the E0s came out sometime last year.

had it for 299$ ( Canadian ) same week newegg was 329.99 ( Canadian )

NCIX can price match any other online shop if you send us the link of the same item that is cheaper.

im personnaly buying from 3-4 online shop... when i need sometings im looking at each other and buying from the cheaper one ... most often newegg ...

I bought mine from newegg a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it's E0(SLB8V) stepping chip.

What number do I look for on the chip to tell revision / confirm that its an E0? Or do I have to wait till I have it up and running so I can use CPUz ??

Yuppers - she's an E0 then.

LOL, I have to switch mobo's for the quad to work... and to my surprise, the Ultra120's back plate was adhesivley attached to the old board. still trying to think of ways to get it off instead of overnighting a new backplate and being stuck with that HS only for the old board.

Yuppers - she's an E0 then.

LOL, I have to switch mobo's for the quad to work... and to my surprise, the Ultra120's back plate was adhesivley attached to the old board. still trying to think of ways to get it off instead of overnighting a new backplate and being stuck with that HS only for the old board.

I made that mistake, I used a hair dryer to warm up the glue and carefully pryed it off

Newegg still doesn't seem to be 100% guaranteed E0's. I've also been waiting for this, but some people are still getting C1's and some are getting E0's. Most of them don't care and don't state their stepping so I can't tell what the ratio between steppings is.

Back