• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Router to Router?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MonkeyMhz

I have my new pc coming soon, so I will have 2 computers in my room but only 1 long cable going from the room next to it. I have a old router than still works, is it possible for me to setup a network like this?

Currently: Wall Cable -> Modem -> Router -> 2 PC's.

Is This Possible: Wall Cable -> Modem -> Router -> To a single computer and another, Router -> 2 PCs.

I'm doing this because I have 3 Short Cords and 1 long one, so this would save me some cash on a new cord.

^ Omg your cheaper than George Kastanza!.

Yes, on the 2nd router, set the LAN IP to something in the same range as the main router but not the same IP as the main router (IE: 192.168.1.1 for the main and 192.168.1.2 for the 2nd), turn off DHCP and you are set. Connect them together via the LAN ports and dont use the WAN port on the 2nd router. This will basically turn the 2nd router into a switch.

Yes, on the 2nd router, set the LAN IP to something in the same range as the main router but not the same IP as the main router (IE: 192.168.1.1 for the main and 192.168.1.2 for the 2nd), turn off DHCP and you are set. Connect them together via the LAN ports and dont use the WAN port on the 2nd router. This will basically turn the 2nd router into a switch.

Sweet, thanks.

Back