• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 275 not automatically cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

Hey guys,
So I have a new EVGA Geforce GTX 275 (normal edition) and I noticed while playing games the card will sit there and let itself roast up to 100C before it starts pulsating the fan. Like at 100C it gives a quick burst of fan air, then stops, then a second later another quick burst and so on. Is it suposed to be doing this? Why doesn't the card's drivers make the fan just automatically rev up sooner? Waiting till 100C sounds like suicide for it.. not to mention the fact that the fan doesnt even stay constant when it is at 100C anyway!!

its bios controlled

2 ways to get around this.

easy way is evga precision which has fan adjustment, set it to whatever you want for gaming and then turn it down when idle.

second way is setting up dynamic fan speed control with rivatuner.

all my nvidia cards since the g92's all spin up and down by themselves according to temp. I usually set it so its about 40% at idle temp and hits 100% fan at 60c.

most of my cards rarely saw over 60c with overclocks.

hhhmm well I had RivaTuner installed with hopes of messing with it but it seems RivaTuners automatic setting wasnt exactly working. I had just installed it not configed yet but I checked and its default "automatic" setting was doing nothing and just letting the card heat up. Once I uninstalled riva the card's bios was able to take over fixing that problem.

Back