• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me pick a cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sonex

Hey there,

Ok i need to get a new cooler for my X2 4800, running in a mini atx case Silverstone SG01.

I am currently considering between the blue orb 2 or the CNPS7700-AlCu OR 7500 zalman.

I know for a fact that the blueorb 2 and the zalman 7700 and 7500 will fit (check pic in this thread)

http://www.sudhian.com/index.php?/forums/viewthread/89885/

So what do you guys think??? Should I go with the blue orb 2, the cnps7700 or the cnps7500???

My standard heatsink that came with my cpu is all busted and scratched from the bottom which is why I am replacing it...

Thanks for any help :D

EDIT:

Here is a list of coolers that go with this case:

Zalman CNPS7500
Zalman CNPS750
Zalman CNPS8000
Zalman CNPS8700 LED
Zalman CNPS8700-NT

Thermaltake Blue Orb II
Thermaltake Golden Orb II

CoolerMaster Gemin II ( psu blow fan cooled )
Silverstone SST-NT06 Lite ( psu blow fan cooled )

I am really considering the 7700 or the 7500 after taking into account the price.. thoughts??

Last edited:
According to the SilverStone page, the cooler cannot exceed 82mm height. I would look into picking up something like a Thermalright xp90/ xp90c/ xp120 and using a retention bracket like THIS. Those xp- sreies cooler tamed overclocked Northwoods and Prescotts with no issue, should be able to handle a phenom ;)

EDIT: Bah, the xp series are too tall (75mm w. no fan). Forget that. Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 LP looks like a great choice. Nice recommendation, baditude_df :thup:

Last edited:
That arctic cooling freezer is for intel only. Those thermalright coolers are too expensive where i live ($100 plus) so not worth the money, plus i think they need a fan.

This is why I am considering these Zalman coolers as they are only about $50 here. Plus, I am not doing a huge overclock, only maybe to 3ghz from 2.5 stock.

ok so i just checked, the freezer 7 , 64 and the coolers mentioned above are all the same price here (around 50-60 $$)

and by the way, freezer 7 is for intel, 64 is for amd (but the 64 version doesnt look like its low profile)
Which one do i get??

Yer lol , my question is which one do you recommend i get since they all cost the same?

Back