• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thumbs-up for Scythe Mugen 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sprocket7

Registered
Recently installed the Scythe Mugen 2 air cooler on my machine and what a difference it makes!

I was quite shocked by its size when pulling it from its box. It's huge! Leaving little more than a centimetre or two of space from the inside wall of my new Antec 193 case and the attractive nuts securing the cooling vanes.

When switched on for the first time I thought something was wrong and would have to return it because the 120mm fan that comes with it didn't move! Then just as I was reaching the back to do an emergency switch off, the fan twitched and started. CUPUID HW monitor clocked it at around 200rpm. Then it switched off again. But the CPU (AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+) core temperatures were just 38(#0) & 39C(#1) and it didn't move much beyond 43C even after an hour of working on my dual monitor system - with the fan trundling along at 440rpm. System temps are in the low 30's and room temp is stable at 22C.

I'm delighted with the results and recommend the Scythe Mugen 2 should be given serious consideration in any air-cooled set up.

i am running the same cooler and am happy so far, granted i haven't really put it through any sort of challenge. My fan worked flawlessly out of the box and without software control buzzes somewhere around 1300rpm. Its dead quite around 600rpm.

Back