• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright gone from Egg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

I checked NewEgg earlier today and Thermalright cpu cooler offerings are entirely absent. I was aware that they stopped caring the ultra 120 extreme earlier this year but now they seem to have dropped the whole brand. I was a little surprised. I guess Sunbeam and Xigmatek tower coolers were undercutting the Thermalrights in price for too long.

Yeah i noticed this too, theres still heatsinkfactory. I prefer ordering stuff from the egg when I can though, due to their fast delivery.

Last edited:
Newegg has gone downhill lately. customer service delivery and everything is still good, prices and selection are declining though.

Its a tough economy though, they gotta cut corners where they can I guess. Maybe they are getting a "pepsi/coke exclusivity dealio" from their suppliers

Newegg has gone downhill lately. customer service delivery and everything is still good, prices and selection are declining though.

Its a tough economy though, they gotta cut corners where they can I guess. Maybe they are getting a "pepsi/coke exclusivity dealio" from their suppliers

NewEgg orders direct from the manufacturer afaik. It's true their selection isn't what is once was but I think the reasoning is pretty apparent. NewEgg is targeting things more to the mainstream public now than the diehard enthusiast and has been going this way for some time, little by little. There was a time when NewEgg would specify CPU stepping. It's a business and they are going to go where the money takes them.

I have been ordering most of my TR stuff from SVC, when I order it new anyway. They have always had extremely good Customer Service and very fast shipping. Sometimes their prices are competitive, and sometimes they might be a little higher, but I think it is well worth it considering the treatment I have received from them in the past. I have ordered from JT a couple of times, and have never had problems with them either. I really like the fact they have a rep here to help take care of any problems if they should come up.

I bought both of my TRUE's from Directron, best price I could find at the time.

for some reason newegg is dropping all the good products lately
52f549e74f6059b69557d6453e800cc3684b2dac.jpg
:argue:

Probably because too many people complained about the curvy bases on TRUE heatsinks, and RMA'ed it to Newegg. So, Newegg assumed TR to be some awful small company that is not worth the trouble, and simply ditched it, especially if TR refused to cooperate with Newegg in supplying replacements.

just my 2 cents..

Back