• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage trick

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DirT

Registered
Does someone tried this trick to let you set core voltage higher than your mb supports, will it work on my abit be6

- Set the voltage in the bios to the max you can get, i.e. 1.7v. Follow the bios flashing instructions in Bios Info, but type 'awdflash /cc bh6_xx.bin' to use the /cc parameter.
That is for an Abit BH6, but it works for other Abit boards also. Just substitute the BIOS version in where it shows bh6_xx.bin. Read your manual or go to the motherboard manufacturer's site for more info.-

I used that trick numerous times on my BH6 to raise max voltage. I seem to remember hearing that it worked on one other Abit board but I don't remember if it was the BE6 or BX6. Go ahead and try it. It won't hurt anything to try all it will do is flash the bios. If you have higher voltages after the flash then it worked.

Sempei said:
I used that trick numerous times on my BH6 to raise max voltage. I seem to remember hearing that it worked on one other Abit board but I don't remember if it was the BE6 or BX6. Go ahead and try it. It won't hurt anything to try all it will do is flash the bios. If you have higher voltages after the flash then it worked.
well i tried this but it didn't work with my abit or i did sth wrong could you tell me whole procedure step by step how to do this trick

DirT said:

well i tried this but it didn't work with my abit or i did sth wrong could you tell me whole procedure step by step how to do this trick

Made a bootable floppy with the bios .bin file and awardflash on it. I set the voltage to the highest available setting in the bios. Booted from the floppy and flashed bios with this command line:
A:\>awdflash bh6_ss.bin /cc /cd /cp /py /sn /cks /r
That's it. As I said, it may not work on the BE6. It may be that the BX6 was the other board this trick worked on.

well i taped some pins on my slocket so i can change voltage to 2,5 and at 1,95 it work beautiful at 1120 (112*10) enuff for me :))

DirT said:
well i taped some pins on my slocket so i can change voltage to 2,5 and at 1,95 it work beautiful at 1120 (112*10) enuff for me :))
Excellent! Glad you got it working.

Back