• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeIL Ultra PC-8500 overclocking - how far did you get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dedix

Registered
Subject says it all. Here is an image of my label on the sticks:

geile.jpg

I am running them at 1000 Mhz, timings are 5-7-7-19, 2T. voltage is set to 2.2V, FSB is 500 Mhz. If I bump FSB up it is not stable with Orthos Blend Test, but Smal FFTs Test ran fine. So I think it is my RAM, but I have not got a clue why. Anyway I have got an E6550 CPU in a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3LR board.

I am wondering how other people could overclock these modules. Timing, voltage, MHC freq, etc.

So if you have overclocked this GeIL ultra's please leave here comment!

If they won't pass 1066 5-5-5-12 at 2.4v
you need to RMA them.

Are you sure it's RAM? have you tried running your CPU lower with the same settings? try bringing your multiplier down.

It's always smart to overclock one thing at a time, since overclocking is really just one big experiment. Any experiment fails if you fail to isolate a variable.

Bring your CPU multi down on the same test and see what happens!

Are you sure it's RAM? have you tried running your CPU lower with the same settings? try bringing your multiplier down.

It's always smart to overclock one thing at a time, since overclocking is really just one big experiment. Any experiment fails if you fail to isolate a variable.

Bring your CPU multi down on the same test and see what happens!

I do not think CPU is my limit. Orthos runs perfectly for hours with small FFTs but with Blend test. I tried to run Memtest86+ it showed me errors as well so it should be RAMs.

Now I am running them at 1200 mhz at stock timings (5-5-5-15 - 2T). I switched to Win7 RC1 a few days ago and did not noticed any problems only with "hard" tester programs like Orthos.

Back